A couple of years ago, I bought a Google Nexus 7 version 2012, one of the best tablets around, still is.
At the time I wished for the later 2013 version, but 2012 was all I had.
There was not a lot of difference in the specification, main difference was a higher resolution screen, a much higher resolution screen.
I later handled the 2013 version, it was not as good, I was therefore happy with what I had.
Th Android operating system wished to upgrade, I allowed, but then regretted, it was slower.
But then, a year or so later, I allowed it to update. It took all night, no sooner had it updated, than it wished for the next update.
It was a huge mistake, I ended up with a tablet that was so slow, it was unusable, an expensive piece of junk.
Why oh why does Google offer an Android operating system update that renders a Google Nexus 7 tablet unusable.
Not I noticed, a problem with 2013 version.
I asked around, no one knew what to do.
The only option appeared to be, implement a factory reset, but first, try this idea of clearing the cache. It seemed sort of to work.
This was a year ago, I had not used my tablet since the beginning of the year.
A long wait whilst 120 updates to apps.
But, any relief was short lived, I was back to square one, useless tablet, and the clearing of the cache no longer seemed available.
No choice other than a factory reset. This clears all apps, all data.
First screen shots of all apps, then Google back up.
Then go into settings and follow the procedure for factory reset.
But, not as I expected, it did not reset Android to original factory settings, I was still back to where I was Android 5.x.x but, I now had a very fast responsive tablet.
I was going to add apps one by one, as they were on the screen, but first Avira as it scans each downloaded app.
Android took over, automatically started download of apps.
I did not take note of how long this process took, other than it took most of the afternoon.
Google did warn connect tablet to power supply.
Some of the apps I would not have re-installed, as crap, but all were downloaded. Had I thought, I should have deleted before starting.
Maybe something to do later.
Also I would have preferred to download and install one by one.
I would then at least have discovered which was causing the problem.
Or maybe corrupted data.
Or could have been malware. Though I have periodically scanned the device.