Afternoon in Guildford

River Wey

River Wey

River Wey

River Wey

A very cold afternoon in Guildford.

I did not fancy walking to the nearest station, and I would have arrived early and had to wait in the cold. Instead catch a bus, then a train.

I see one bus go by, ten minutes wait for next bus. Luckily one comes along in five minutes.

On leaving the house, money yes, keys yes. As bus turns up, I realise, bus pass, rail card, no. Lucky I did not walk to the station,

Back, to the house, now too late to walk to rail station, though I could have caught the next train. Now I am risk of missing the train if I catch the bus.

I have to run to catch the bus. Luckily the driver stops when I flag him down. Often they drive past. Catch the train with a  few minutes to spare.

Walking along the River Wey in Guildford, running high and fast.

The Keystone once again blocking public highway with a sign. When you think The Keystone cannot get any worse, they had a bar billiard machine (very rare), now a pool table.

Excellent lunch at Turn Fit Deli. Vegetarian, or was it vegan, Shepherd’s Pie. It sounded disgusting. It bore absolutely no resemblance to shepherd’s pie. A vegetable casserole or stew, mushrooms, maybe carrots, I do do not know what else, served with rice. It was very tasty.  I would though prefer to have served on a plate or in a bowl, not in a paper pot.

I popped back later and had a cappuccino and cookie. Cappuccino excellent, but then I expect no better from what is now the No 1 coffee spot in Guildford.

Very cold all afternoon, now it was raining.

Met up with friends. They suggested Waitrose for coffee. Not good, main problem it was being made too hot.

Train to Aldershot, then bus.

As on Saturday, I find the bus times have changed. Now, instead of leaving at 2105, bus leaves at 2100. It meant I had five minutes less to wait in the cold, and as the bus was already there, was able to hop on the bus. But, no timetables on the bus,  no mention on the bus, no  poster advising of timetable changes. I asked the driver.  He handed me a new timetable from his bag.

2100 is when the bus used to leave, until they changed it to 2105. Coming up from Alton, this gave a couple of minutes to leap off the train, run out of the station and catch the bus.  Now it means a half hour wait in the cold, unless the buses are running more frequent, every twenty minutes.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: