Sarantaporo and surrounding villages in northern Greece are demonstrating what is possible, when local communities work together in the collaborative commons.
It demonstrates a way forward for all of Greece, following the disgraceful surrender to the EU by Syriza.
Syriza have shown, cannot trust or rely upon politicians, people have to take matters into their own hands, organise their own affairs.
Building Communities of Commons is a crowdfunded documentary to raise wider awareness.
Local renewables feeding into a community owned and controlled local grid, surplus generation fed to other local grids, any profit ploughed back into the local grid or used to fund local community projects.
Flatpack Democracy revolution, local citizens controlling the local town hall, networking with other citizen-controlled town halls.
- From hope to despair
- Beyond Austerity
- An alternative Greek currency
- Building Communities of Commons in Greece
- Sarantaporo Residents Create Commons in Rural Greece Through a DIY Wireless Mesh Network
- Plan C for Advancing the Commons Transition in Greece
- How Flatpack Democracy beat the old parties in the People’s Republic of Frome