Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer events in a way that cannot be explained by cause and effect and that is meaningful to the observer. — Carl Jung
I was thinking of my lovely friend Sian and The Girl on the Landing by Torday, a chilling novel about schizophrenia. I turned on the radio and caught Open Book on BBC Radio 4. The first item was an interview with Paul Torday!
Paul Torday writes quirky novels though once you have read a couple you find like novels by Agatha Christie they are peopled by the same characters in similar settings.
– Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (2006)
– The Irresistible Inheritance of Wilberforce (2008)
– The Girl on the Landing (2009)
– The Hopeless Life Of Charlie Summers (2010)
– More Than You Can Say (February 2011)
Synchronicity is that of meaningful coincidences, coincidences that are so improbable that they cannot be explained by chance alone.