Martha Payne aka Veg with her NeverSeconds food blog has inspired a Brazilian schoolgirl to launch a similar blog, which in turn has led to improvement at the school.
Brazilian teenager Isadora Faber was inspired to start a blog after hearing about Martha Payne aka Veg.
Martha talked about school dinners, Isadora Faber took it further and talked about more than school dinner, highlighting problems with her school.
She created her own Facebook page Diário de Classe: A Verdade (School Diary: The Truth).
The photos published on her page showed broken water fountains and fans, a basketball court with no ceiling and she even called for a teacher who had issues with some students to be replaced.
What she was writing got picked up by newspapers and TV channels and has led directly to a school refurbishment programme and the teacher with who the students were having problems being replaced.
There were attempts by bullyboys at the local council to silence Martha, but she showed courage in the face of the bullies and stood firm.
Isadora faced bullying by the school to try and silence her, but like Martha she stood firm.
Both girls have exchanged videos with each other.
As well as writing of her school dinners, Martha has raised funds for a school kitchen in Malawi called Friends of NeverSeconds. Later this month Martha and her family will be travelling to Malawi for the inauguartion of Friends of NeverSeconds.
Today, on my way from Guildford farmers market and on my way to a lovely coffee shop Café Mila, on visiting Cook (a lovely food shop in Godalming), I nominated Martha for a Cook Great Briton Award. As I told in the shop, I could not think of a more deserving recipient who has done more to raise awareness and understanding of good food.
Whilst at Café Mila a little girl came and chatted to me and told me she was enjoying her ice cream. I asked did she like the coffee shop? A very definite yes. Would she not rather be at Costa? A very definite no!
- How a Scottish school blogger helped reform a Brazilian school
- Após reclamação no Facebook, prefeitura diz que vai reformar escola
- Alunos denunciam más condições de escolas públicas no país
- BRITÂNICA MARTHA PAYNE, 9 ANOS, E BRASILEIRA ISADORA FABER,13, TROCAM VÍDEOS SOBRE BLOGS QUE CRIARAM PARA DENUNCIAR PROBLEMAS NO COLÉGIO
- Críticas a escolas unem blogueiras mirins de Brasil e Escócia
- Aluna cria página no Facebook para relatar problemas da escola em SC
- Scots council blasted by fans of girl’s school meals blog
- Child blogs how to win friends and influence people at 9
- Food Blogger Martha Payne nominated for Great Scot Award and a trip planed to Malawi
- Food Programme: Food blogger Martha Payne discussing NeverSeconds